Supporting your career in tech
As a uniquely positioned tech school, we offer our students more attention, guidance, and support to help shape their tech careers.
Benefit from our 360° Career Support Programme
We work with you to prepare you for a career in tech, or to guide you in developing your current technical career. Because of our strong commitment to rigorous technical training and student diversity, our community is one that recruiters and companies come to directly to find highly-trained candidates.
Graduate job outcomes
We’re dedicated to helping our students improve their quality of life by building intellectually challenging and meaningful careers. Our graduates go on to build successful careers in tech—in 2020, 90% of CodeOp students were hired within 6 months of completing their bootcamps.
% of graduates actively seeking employment
Who's hired our students?
From dedicated job training to apprenticeship programmes, we've cultivated an extensive, values-driven employer network to provide our students with the best opportunities to advance their tech careers.
WE PARTNER WITH LARGER COMPANIES AND SMALLER STARTUPS:
Explore the different elements of our careers programme
Coaching and training, mentorship, soft-skills workshops, mock technical and HR interviews, and personal growth workshops are all part of the educational experience at CodeOp—including a dedicated Careers Week as a part of your course.
Our Career Coach supports you in making the shift into a tech role or advancing to the next step in your career. We go further by helping you to reach and expand your career goals with lifelong career support. Through workshops and focused 1-1 career coaching sessions, we help you to discover all the options out there, and guide you on how to draw the dots between your previous career and a career in tech.
Anemari heads up our Career Support Programme and has a background in software engineering and tech leadership.
Full Stack Web Development
TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS & PRESENTATIONS
- Agile workshop: A crash course introduction to Agile methodologies including working in iterations and cross-functional teams.
- Full Stack Engineer speaker: Q&A session with a bootcamp graduate with a focus on bootcamp experiences and navigating your first job in tech
- Product Manager speaker: Introduction to Product Management and the different roles that a PM plays within a team.
- Principles of Software Architecture: An introduction to the fundamental structures of a software system and the discipline of creating such structures and systems.
- Contributing to Open Source Software: Flash lecture on the Open Source world and how to get into it as a Junior dev.
- #IamRemarkable: A Google initiative empowering women and underrepresented groups to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond
CAREER COACHING WORKSHOPS
- Post bootcamp options: An interactive discovery workshop to help students better understand what options are available to them post-bootcamp
- Information session with a tech recruiter: Presentation and Q&A with a technical recruiter to learn about best practices when searching for a job and what it takes to stand out from the crowd
- Building your job search strategy: An interactive workshop to help you think outside the box when approaching recruiters
- Building your online presence: How to build out your Linkedin/clean up your Git repository
- Elevator pitch and paired pitching: Interactive session to make sure you can nail that ‘Tell me about yourself’ question in less than one minute
- CV strategy workshop: Presentation on how to make your CV stand out from the crowd
- Strategies for technical interviews: Learn how to approach every step of the technical interview process
- Mock HR interviews: Practice HR interviews with real recruiters
- Mock technical interviews: Practice technical interviews with experts
TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS & PRESENTATIONS
- Agile workshop: A crash course introduction to Agile methodologies including working in iterations and cross-functional teams
- D3.js: A hands-on workshop covering the basics of D3 for drawing SVG elements and data binding, working with scales and colours, drawing axis and creating visual animations/transitions when data changes.
- Big Data: An overview of the role of a Data Engineer and learning about the concept of ETL (extract, transform & load data)
- Contributing to Open Source Software: An introductory flash lecture on the Open Source world and how to start contributing as a junior dev
- Privacy and ethics: Focus on algorithmic bias on machine learning and ways to mitigate this
- #IamRemarkable: A Google initiative empowering women and underrepresented groups to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond.
CAREER COACHING WORKSHOPS
- Tech Manager tips & Q&A: Presentation and Q&A with a technical manager to learn about best practices when searching for a job and what it takes to stand out from the crowd.
- Building your job search strategy: An interactive workshop to help think outside the box when approaching recruiters
- CV Strategy workshop: Presentation on how to make your CV stand out from the crowd
- Strategies for approaching technical challenges: How to approach the technical challenges and whiteboarding Whiteboarding challenge: SQL & Python
- Elevator Pitch workshop: Interactive session to make sure you can nail that ‘Tell me about yourself’ question in less than one minute
- Interview preparation: Practice interviews to help prepare you for job interviews and build your overall confidence
End each week on an intellectual high
Every Friday during the bootcamp, we bring in professionals from the industry for technical workshops and presentations. These interactive sessions offer students a chance to learn best practices and the latest tools and technologies from those who know best.
Looking for some career advice?
If you're looking for some guidance on how you can transition into a tech career, or upskill in your current career, speak with our career coach and get some advice!Contact us